Websites listed below are useful sites for finding out more about walking and have all been recommended by club members. To recommend a site for this page or notify us of broken links, please use our contact form.
Some of our members also go out with these other walking groups
- Walking UK. Walking groups, maps, guides, even walker-friendly pubs!
- Walking in England. Thousands of FREE walks to download, details of all the books, maps and walking clubs in the country.
- walkingforum.co.uk. A forum discussing all aspects of walking.
Over the years we have stayed at a large variety of hotels, guest houses, B&Bs, hostels and bunkhouses. Some of these are listed below (the club is not endorsing any of these venues: while they were pleased to accept walking groups and we enjoyed our stays at all of them, owners and accommodation standards may have changed since our visit).
- Cairn Hotel, Harrogate. A 3-star hotel in the famous spa town, visited March 2011 and again in November 2014 and February 2017.
- Chichester University. Modern student accommodation, visited August 2017.
- Clifton Hotel, Scarborough. Another seaside hotel, visited in April 2012 and November 2016.
- Cumbria Grand Hotel, Grange-over-sands. Visited in February 2010, March 2014 and December 2016.
- Gladstone's Library, Hawarden. An unusual venue, visited in July 2011.
- Glaramara Outdoor Centre, Borrowdale. Visited too many times to count...
- Lindors Country House Hotel. A Christian Guild hotel near St Briavels, visited in June 2017.
- Queens Hotel Llandudno. An iconic seaside hotel, visited in February 2012 and February 2015.
- Stanley House. A former CHA property with its own railway station, now a B&B. Visited May 2013.
- Willersley Castle Hotel, Derbyshire. Visited in May 2014 and April 2016.
- Wycliffe Christian Conference Centre, High Wycombe. Visited in July 2010 and again in May 2012.
- Y Glennydd Hotel. A small family-run hotel in St David's, Pembrokeshire, visited in 2012 and July 2017.