Local Walks In Essex
Looking for a walk in your local area? You’ll find details of our forthcoming walks on this page as well as a link to the last 12 months' programme so you can see what you've missed!
Non-members are welcome to ’try us out’ on a couple of day walks before deciding to join, but we ask you to check with the leader first. Click on the leader’s name to send an email. Where no email address is given use the contact form and we will put you in touch.
You can see the programme for the last 12 months by clicking on the link below, or use the menu on the left to see what else we have to offer:
Where a walk involves public transport it is advisable to check the train or bus times beforehand. A packed lunch will be needed unless stated otherwise.UPDATED 18th SEPTEMBER. Organised walks are covered under Government 'outdoor physical activity events' and are exempt from the 'rule of 6' restrictions as long as we comply with the 'return to play' protocols. The following rules will therefore apply for group walks:
- Group size is at the leader's discretion up to a maximum of 15 (including the leader)
- For group sizes over 6, the group leader must carry out a written risk assessment beforehand
- Walks should be booked with the leader by text or phone call on a first come first served basis
- The group leader must keep a list of names and contact details of who is on the walk for 21 days in case any contact tracing is needed
- Walks should ideally be planned to avoid public transport. Members may travel to walks by public transport if necessary. Please follow latest Government advice on measures required
- Car sharing is currently not recommended for non-essential travel (please check latest Government advice)
- People on the walks should follow social distancing i.e. it is still recommended to keep 2 metres apart if at all possible
- The 'rule of 6' still applies if visiting tea-shops, pubs etc and on any public transport.
- People who are, or are living with vulnerable people should check latest Government guidance before coming on group walks
- Anyone feeling unwell or with any of the symptoms of the virus should not come on walks